HAMILTON, MILTON & BURLINGTON
SERVICE PROVIDED BY CENTRE FRANCOPHONE HAMILTON
The Centre offers day camps in March, July and August for French-speaking children, from francophone or anglophone families living in the area.
Our camps welcome kids from 4 to 15 for a variety of fun activities organized by our dynamic camp leaders !
Our camp offers a wide range of activities from educational outings, to sports, to artistic projects and with special guests hosting enriching and unique workshops. Our camp counsellors know how to create a welcoming and engaging environment. Their savoir-faire lends itself to creating memorable experiences and long-lasting friendships for our campers.
All our counselors are francophone and children will be encouraged to create and speak french among themselves.
Our committment to you and your children
Arts, scientific experiments, cooking workshops... We help our campers tap into their creative potential !
Via sports, board games, workshops and engaging activities, we encourage team spirit and collaboration.
Our outings and activities improve our campers' self-confidence, independance and maturity.
WHY CHOOSE US ?
* Our camp is in French to allow your kids to be immersed in the French language during the summer.
* Our weekly themes encourage creativity and imagination
* Our committment ? To develop responsibility, independance and team spirit for our campers (by taking public transportation, picking up after ourselves, playing collective games, listening to others...)
* Our French-speaking camp leaders are trained, organized and always professional. They come from the local community and are dedicated to its blooming.
* A competitive rate : at 200$ per week at the highest, our camp is farily attractive ! Extended care is available for 50$ a week as well and a special rate for families in need in available upon request.
* Unique and original activities are organized each week : artistic workshops with professionals, educational outings in Hamilton (art galleries, museums, shopping malls, botanical gardens and parcs...), journeys to Toronto or trips to the swimming pool...
Let you kid become a French-speaking camper !
Here is what parents have to say about our camps!
My kids like the summer camp offered by the Centre francophone because they do a lot of fun activities. Each day is a new adventure! My children are in a French environment during the summer, the instructors are very dynamic and are very good at getting my kids out of their shell and the camp is also very affordable. All these reasons keep me coming back, year after year!
(mom to Brayden, 9 y-o, and Aaron, 7 y-o)
This camp has been amazing for our kids.
They are safe and well cared for, the staff is professional and organized. Our children are not only speaking French on a daily basis, they are also doing it through super exciting, stimulating and educational activities!
It's really a great experience for them.
(mom to Arawyn, 12 y-o, and Priya, 9 y-o)
We loved your camp!
The themes and activities each week were well organized and enriching for our kid. He had a great time.
(mom to Liam, 6 y-o)
It's (by far) the camp from which our daughter Elena came back the most engaged : she couldn,t stop talking about her day, about all the activities she'd done and she was proud of the creations she'd made. We were impressed!
(mom to Elena, 5 y-o)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT SHOULD MY CHILD BRING TO CAMP EVERYDAY?
For our March break, a reusable water bottle, a lunch and a few snacks.
During the summer, they should also bring their sunscreen, bathing suit, towel and hat.
Our camp leaders send an email prior to each week to advise parents in advance of activities and important reminders such as bringing money for pizza day, wearing sneakers or sending an extra change of clothes.
WHAT LEVEL OF FRENCH IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND YOUR CAMP ?
All levels of French are welcome, as long as the children can understand the instructions !
Our campers come from francophone schools and from immersion programs. If they are very young and/or do not speak confidently yet, no stress! We adapt to them. Our councillors are talented at helping build our campers' confidence in French.
WHO ARE THE CAMP LEADERS ?
Our camp leaders either grew up or currently study in the greater Hamilton region. They are fluent French speakers aged 17 to 25. They are recruited for their creativity, accountability and attention towards children. They are trained in first aid and also learn about child services legislation in Ontario.
In addition, we recruit young volunteers betwen 14 and 16 years old to complement our team of camp leaders.
MY CHILD HAS ALLERGIES / INTOLERANCES - HOW CAN I MAKE SURE THEY WILL BE SAFE ?
Before camp starts, we ask you to fill-out a detailed form about your child's medical and emotional profile. We want to know as much as possible about their personalities and needs before we greet them. During the training, camp leaders become familiar with your children and keep the files close-by during camp.
I WANT TO MODIFY OR CANCEL MY REGISTRATION - HOW CAN I DO THAT ?
It's pretty simple : you only need to contact us via email or phone between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday and we will accommodate you.
Our cancellation policy :
- Full refunds, minus a $50 administrative fee, will be issued if cancellation is notified 4 weeks or more before camp start date.
- Half refunds (50%) will be issued if cancellation is notified between 4 and 2 weeks before camp start date.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations 2 weeks or less before camp start date.
DO YOU ACCEPT LAST MINUTE REGISTRATIONS ?
Yes we do, unless the week in question is already full. Our camp leader to camper ratio is 1:5.
Just bear in mind that the later you register, the higher the weekly prices will be. However, we are flexible to modify your reservation once you've made it, so book your spot as early as you can !
You can change your mind up to two weeks before camp starts for your children without any fee involved. If you want to switch weeks during camp, we will only charge a 50$ administrative fee and change your reservation if the week you want to register for is not full already.
Meet our team
A huge thank you to our sponsors and partners